About this Pipe:
What it was intended to be is anyone’s guess, but this Dunhill Pipe- Quaint Shell Briar Cutty is a Group 3 with a 10mm silver band. As light as a feather, this pipe will be a beautiful addition to anyone’s collection.
See all photos for details for this Dunhill Pipe Quaint Shell Briar Cutty Group 3.
About Dunhill’s Shell Briar Finish:
This finish was patented in the US in 1920. The pipes were double blasted until the 1960’s, and then the double blast technique resumed in the 1980’s calling it the “Deep Shell” finish. During the 1960’s and 70’s Dunhill could not acquire the Algerian briar. Consequently, the company’s sandblast pipes were much shallower and less distinct. Once again Dunhill showed itself to be innovative, inventing the “double blast” technique to bring about a deeper blast even with harder briar.
About Dunhill Quaints:
Creating a handmade pipe is not a science, it is an art. Sometimes a particular piece of briar does not align with its intended shape. In these instances, the carver’s creativity takes over and “quaints” are born.
No one Dunhill quaint pipe is like any other.
Dunhill acquires the greatest briars in the world, and these pipes are exquisite definitions of unique.
Our special 59th Anniversary Dunhill Quaint selection is available only now and through the month of March.
About Alfred Dunhill’s The White Spot:
Since 1912, Alfred Dunhill’s “white spot” has been the epitome of quality and prestige. Dunhill only uses Premium Grade AA briar and vulcanite stems.
Alfred Dunhill’s The White Spot Shape Chart
The Caucus Brief: The Alfred Dunhill Mystique
Why Buy a Dunhill from Georgetown Tobacco?
- A world-renowned tobacconist, whose reputation has been earned over 59 years in business
- One of the few brick and mortar retailers in the world still offering an extensive pipe selection
- A curated selection, chosen to create a unique shopping experience with depth and breadth
- Personalized and friendly service— our team of tobacconists are passionate about our industry and highly trained to answer any questions and make helpful recommendations.
- Competitive pricing on all products
- Same day shipping on orders placed before 3pm Eastern
There are no reviews yet.